Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Holidays are nearly here!

I turned on the radio the other day and Christmas music was on the radio. My day was instantly brightened, I love this time of year! Love it, love it, love it! And this year it is even more special because I have a one year old son.

I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. Its coming so fast. Now, I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving. I enjoy cooking, but I hate the eating. I am just not a huge fan of food. (I learned during my Grandma's visit that I must get that from her.) I seldom eat to really enjoy (except pizza!), I eat to live and I never eat that much. So a large, long meal is not exactly my idea of a good time. Andy hates this about me. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday. He loves to eat and loves every bit of the large dinner. I guess it still works out because I do love to cook. Though I told him he needs to find someone to join us for Thanksgiving this year because I refuse to cook that big of a meal for the three of us. So, if we don't have anyone over we may join our church friends dinner.

Sidenote: Have you ever heard a Southerner say "Thanksgiving?" I absolutely LOVE it! I can't explain it, I can't even repeat it. But it makes me giggle every time. So next time you run into a Southerner, ask them to say Thanksgiving. :)

So, the holidays officially begin for me on my birthday. We usually get our Christmas tree then or as close to that as our schedule will allow. Andy picks out the tree. I am too indecisive and impatient. So I leave that to him. After he sets up the tree he then puts the lights on. He is so particular about this. It takes well over an hour. So, while I wait I watch the first movie of my holiday season. The same one every year.

I love this movie! Its not even about Christmas, but it does have two of my favorite Christmas scenes ever, so its my yearly tradition watching this movie while decorating the tree.

Also, at this time the Christmas music comes out. Here are a few of my favorites:
It is not Christmas without this cd... I remember countless days as a pre-teen singing to this album wishing I sounded just like her.
I love the classics!
My mom is responsible for my love of the Carpenters and Amy Grant. Both were Christmas staples in my house growing up.


And two more of my favorite Christmas movies.
All day on Christmas day... love it! You'll shoot your eye out!
(Filmed in Cleveland!)
Of Course!

I am so excited about the holidays... however I am actually a little depressed about my birthday. I am turning 27, much closer to 30 than 26. I am not really depressed about getting older, I am depressed that I am so near to thirty and haven't really figured what I want to do with my life. Maybe that is what I will ask for Christmas, can Santa do that?

Okay... can't leave without some Tek pictures.
Here he is learning to play guitar with Daddy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for a little man who never eats sugar...
those are some pudgy little fingers!!!

Just saying
PstrGrnPa